|Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service. It is designed to give developers and businesses an extremely reliable and cost effective way to route end users to Internet applications by translating names like www.example.com into the numeric IP addresses like 192.0.2.1 that computers use to connect to each other. Amazon Route 53 is fully compliant with IPv6 as well.|
1. A company currently hosts their architecture in the US region. They now need to duplicate this architecture to the Europe region and extend the application hosted on this architecture to the new region. In order to ensure that users across the globe get the same seamless experience from either setups, what among the following needs to be done?
A. Create a Classic Elastic Load Balancer setup to route traffic to both locations.
B. Create a weighted Route 53 policy to route the policy based on the weightage for eachlocation.
C. Create an Application Elastic Load Balancer setup to route traffic to bothlocations.
D. Create a Geolocation Route 53 Policy to route the policy based on the location.
2. A company hosts 5 web servers in AWS. They want to ensure that Route53 can be used to route user traffic to random web servers when they request for the underlying web application. Which routing policy should be used to fulfill this requirement?
C. Multivalue Answer
3. A company website is set to launch in the upcoming weeks. There is a probability that the traffic will be quite high during the initial weeks. In the event of a load failure, how can you set up DNS failover to a static website? Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
A. Duplicate the exact application architecture in another region and configure DNS Weight-based routing.
B. Enable failover to an on-premises data center to the application hosted there.
C. Use Route 53 with the failover option to failover to a static S3 website bucket or CloudFront distribution.
D. Add more servers in case the application fails.
4. An architecture consists of the following:
a) A primary and secondary infrastructure hosted in AWS b) Both infrastructures comprise ELB, Auto Scaling and EC2 resources How should Route 53 be configured to ensure proper failover in case the primary infrastructure were to go down?
A. Configure a primary routing policy.
B. Configure a weighted routing policy.
C. Configure a Multi-Answer routing policy.
D. Configure a failover routing policy.
5. You are designing an architecture on AWS with disaster recovery in mind. Currently the architecture consists of an ELB and underlying EC2 Instances in a primary and secondary region. How can you establish a switchover in case of failure in the primary region?
A. Use Route 53 Health Checks and then do a failover.
B. Use CloudWatch metrics to detect the failure and then do a failover.
C. Use scripts to scan CloudWatch logs to detect the failure and then do a failover.
D. Use CloudTrail to detect the failure and then do a failover.
6. You currently have an EC2 instance hosting a web application. The number of users is expected to increase in the coming months and hence, you need to add more elasticity to your setup. Which of the following methods can help add elasticity to your existing setup? Choose 2 answers from the options given below.
A. Set up your web app on more EC2 instances and set them behind an Elastic Load Balancer.
B. Set up an ElastiCache in front of the EC2 instance.
C. Set up your web app on more EC2 instances and use Route 53 to route requestsaccordingly
D. Set up DynamoDB behind your EC2 Instances.
7. You have a requirement to host a static website for a domain called mycompany.com in AWS. It is required to ensure that the traffic is scaled properly.
How can this be achieved? Choose 2 answers from the options given below.
A. Host the static site on an EC2 Instance.
B. Use Route53 with static web site in S3.
C. Enter the NS records from Route53 in the domain registrar.
D. Place the EC2 instance behind the ELB.
8. You have a set of on-premesis virtual machines used to serve a web based application. These are placed behind an on-premesis load balanced solution. You need to ensure that a virtual machine if unhealthy is taken out of rotation. Which of the following would quickly help fulfill this requirement?
A. Use Route 53 health checks to monitor the endpoints.
B. Move the solution to AWS and use a Classic Load Balancer.
C. Move the solution to AWS and use an Application Load Balancer.
D. Move the solution to AWS and use a Network Load Balancer.
9. You have been tasked with architecting an application in AWS. The architecture would consist of EC2, the Classic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling and Route 53. There is a directive to ensure that Blue-Green deployments are possible in this architecture. Which routing policy could you ideally use in Route 53 for achieving Blue-Green deployments?
10. Your company is planning on using Route 53 as the DNS provider. There is a need to ensure that the company’s domain name points to an existing CloudFront distribution. How can this be achieved?
A. Create an Alias record which points to the CloudFront distribution.
B. Create a host record which points to the CloudFront distribution.
C. Create a CNAME record which points to the CloudFront distribution.
D. Create a Non-Alias Record which points to the CloudFront distribution.